Last Updated: Fri, May 19 at 2:32am
The Venture360 Platform
The Venture360 Platform offers a set of tools for investors and for entrepreneurs on which they may do many things, including exchange information. Venture360 also allows access to the Venture360 Platform to Organizations for use by their members.
EU – U.S. Privacy Shield
Venture360 participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Venture360 is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework's applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Privacy Shield List. www.privacyshield.gov/list
Venture360 is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Venture360 complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Venture360 is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Venture360 may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Venture360 commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request
Venture360 has further committed to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact the EU DPAs for more information or to file a complaint. The services of EU DPAs are provided at no cost to you.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
- On the Venture360 Platform;
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and Venture360, on the Venture360 Platform or otherwise; and
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Venture360 or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Venture360 Platform.
What is "personal data"?
"Personal data" is any data that (1) is recorded in any form, (2) is about or pertains to a specific individual and (3) can be linked to that individual. For example, and without limitation, your first and last names, address, email address, social security number, tax ID, telephone number, and other contact information, and the deals in which you have participated are "personal data."
What kind of personal data is collected?
We collect personal data at different stages of your use of the Venture360 Platform.
When you visit Venture360.co - If you visit Venture360.co or use an interface which interacts with Venture360.co, whether or not you sign-in as a registered user, we collect your IP address, the location of your Internet Service Provider, the type and version of Internet browser that you are using, and the website from which you came. We also collect information regarding your site usage, such as the time spent on a page and the number of pages you viewed.
When you interact with the Venture360 Platform - We also collect personal data that you provide when you interact with the Venture360 Platform such as, for example, by sending a message or uploading documents, or when exchanging correspondence with us such as through support emails.
When you use your account - We collect information that you provide or create when you use your account:
- If you are classified as an Investor, you may record in your profile within your Organization's information about yourself, such as your contact information, picture, biography, experience, or other groups to which you belong. While the Organization's name will be name public, no investor information will be publicly disclosed.
- If you are an entrepreneur, and you represent a company that is seeking investors, you may record information about yourself, your company, and your company's management team. You may also include a video recording or picture. All information you put onto the Venture360 Platform is confidential unless you decide to share any of it.
How is personal data collected?
We collect personal data directly from you when you provide it through your use of the Venture360 Platform, such as in emails or when you fill out forms that are displayed on the Venture360 Platform.
For what purpose will my personal data be used?
Venture360 uses your personal data to maintain your account and to provide you with the group and investment management and other services offered on the Venture360 Platform. We also use your personal data to respond to requests that you make of us, and to contact you and to provide you with information that we believe may be of interest to you.
Can third parties see my personal data?
- If you are an investor - The Venture360 Platform allows the Organization Administrator of an Organization the ability to set certain settings in the profile of the members of the Organization. Thus, for each Organization, the Administrator decides which information is available for access or review by entrepreneurs and/or other Organizations, and which information is not to be disclosed, or is disclosed to selected entrepreneurs and/or other Organizations, according to the policies of the Organization. Please note that (1) the default settings that are set by an Organization Administrator may change from time to time; (2) each Organization may opt for different default settings. While the Venture360 Platform includes initial defaults, Venture360 has no control over the choice of a setting or the change in a default setting by an Organization's Administrator.
- If you are an entrepreneur - If you are an entrepreneur and you have posted or uploaded information about you and/or your team, this information is disclosed to the Organizations to whom you have chosen to disclose the information.
With whom may Venture360 share personal data?
Under certain business or legal conditions, Venture360 may have to disclose your personal data to others as follows:
- Within the Venture360 Family - Venture360 may now or in the future have a parent, subsidiary or related company or companies within the Venture360 family of companies. Venture360 has the right to share all personal data with all such affiliated companies.
- Service Providers - Venture360 may engage other companies and individuals to perform necessary business functions on behalf of Venture360 (e.g. customer service or email provider). If it is necessary to perform these functions, these companies or individuals may have access to personal data of our users. These service providers have agreed not to use the personal data for any other purpose other than providing the required services.
- Legally Required Disclosure - Under certain circumstances, disclosure of your personal data may be required by law. Venture360 may disclose your personal data (1) if, in its own best judgment, it is required by law to do so in order to comply with a facially valid judicial or governmental subpoena, warrant, bankruptcy proceedings, or other order, or (2) to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information, or (3) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud.
Sharing with Third Parties
"Third Parties" are companies unaffiliated with the Venture360 Platform. We do not share your personal information with Third Parties.
Can I access or change my personal data?
Upon request Venture360 will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If your personal data changes, you may correct, update, or amend by making the change on our member information page or by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact information listed below. If you wish to delete/remove/deactivate your profile or remove your testimonial from our site please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
For auditing and security purposes, Venture360 keeps a log of all users' activities, which is retained in its archives as necessary for Venture360 to fulfill its obligations. Users may have access to the personal data that pertain to them. However, because the administrative and technical burden associated with the retrieval of these archived data is substantial, Venture360 charges a fee for this effort in a manner that is consistent with its actual cost. In addition, each user's right of access may be limited to the extent that providing access might infringe on a third party's privacy rights. Requests for access to this archived information are handled on a case-by-case basis, after Venture360 has verified the identity of the requestor. Inquiries should be made as provided in the section.
Can I have my personal data deleted?
You can delete any personal data that is recorded in the profile that you create for yourself as an investor or for your company, or as an entrepreneur.
Social Media Widgets
Venture360 does not utilize single sign-on from third party websites. However, using Venture360's API, clients may implement a single sign-on solution from Venture360 to site not controlled by Venture360. In such a situation, Venture360 only passes the user's name, email address and user role after successfully logging into Venture360's portal.
We may display video- or text-based testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com
If you choose to invite a user to our platform, we will ask you for a name and email address. We will automatically send your invite a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Venture360 stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of invites claimed. Your invitee may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
What is Aggregated Data, and how is it used?
Data aggregation is a process in which information is gathered and expressed in a summary form for purposes such as statistical analysis, in order to obtain information about a particular group based on specific variables. Data used for aggregation purposes are collected in a form that removes all identifiers, and may be combined with other data for which all identifiers have also been removed. Venture360 uses aggregated data to generate accurate metrics about the early stage private equity industry
Aggregated data are packaged and licensed to third parties such as governments, economic development agencies and financial institutions. Examples of aggregated data may include:
- Data about the early equity space, such as number of deals in a month-to-month or quarter-to-quarter basis at various generic stages of the funding process (e.g. new deals, in-progress deals, inactive deals, and invested deals).
- Data about industries and geographies related to companies seeking investors and those successfully obtaining investments.
What is Website Data, and how is it used?
Website data is aggregated data about the overall traffic to, and usage of the Venture360 Platform. Examples include the number of visitors to the Venture360.co website and the number of registered users of the Venture360 Platform. Venture360 may extract and use website data for internal purposes, in order to analyze the performance of the Venture360 Platform and applications. For example, we may use these data for traffic analysis and business decision making, in order to determine how we can improve our site or its functionalities.
The statistics generated in this manner contain no personal data and cannot be used to gather any information about individual visitors to the site.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
Venture360 uses 'cookies.' A cookie is a small amount of data sent to a user's web browser from a web server, which is then stored on the user's hard drive. Cookies are used to make site navigation easier, and can help recognize a returning visitor. Venture360's cookies do not generate any personal data, do not read personal data from your computer, and are not tied to any personal data. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies, or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the sites that you visit. If you decide not to accept our cookies, some or all features of the site may not be available because navigation on the site is facilitated by cookies. You can delete cookies from your computer at any time. You can learn more about cookies by visiting: allaboutcookies.org or networkadvertising.org.
Venture360 uses action tags. An action tag is a small piece of code that is placed on a webpage or in an email in order to track the pages viewed or the messages opened, the date and time when someone visited our website, the website from which the visitor came, the type of browser used, and the domain name and address of the user's Internet Service Provider. Action tags allow us to better understand how users and visitors use our site or browse through our pages, so that we can improve access to and navigation through the site, add or modify pages, according to our user's patterns. Action tags cannot be removed or deleted by our users, because they are part of the programming of a webpage.
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use the Venture360 Platform, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends out whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.) and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other similar information.
When you use the Venture360 Platform, we may employ web beacons, which are used to track the online usage patterns of Users anonymously. No personal data from your account is collected using these beacons. In addition, we may also use web beacons in HTML-based emails sent to Users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
Do Not Track Signals
Venture360 does not track or use Do Not Track signals.
What security measures are in place to protect my personal data?
Venture360 uses physical, technical, and administrative procedures in order to safeguard and protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, while we do our best to implement reasonable security measures, we do not guarantee that our safeguards will always work.
Venture360 uses industry-standard technological means to protect your personal data while in transit through the Internet. We use encryption and a comprehensive authentication protocol to provide reasonable security. However, please remember that no security system on the Internet is perfect. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
What about Uploaded Documents?
Documents that are uploaded to the Venture360 Platform for sharing are stored at a third party data-storage service. All uploads and downloads are transmitted through the web between users and the data storage service using the same encryption techniques as those that are used with personal data. However, uploaded documents are neither stored redundantly, nor backed up. Therefore, we recommend that Venture360 users keep back-up copies of their documents if they upload them to the Venture360.co website.
When will Venture360 contact me?
Venture360 will communicate with you in response to your requests for service or customer support. We will contact you by phone or by email, according to your preference.
Links to other websites
Venture360 may provide links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these sites. In order to safeguard your privacy, please review the privacy policies of any sites that you may visit before providing any personal data to these third party sites.
Limitation of Liability
Venture360 exercises reasonable efforts to safeguard the security and confidentiality of your personal data; however, transmissions protected by industry standard technology and administered by humans cannot be guaranteed to be secure. Venture360 will not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal data that occurs through no fault of Venture360 including, but not limited to, errors in transmission, access to your account by anyone using your user ID and password, your failure to comply with your security obligations, and the unauthorized acts of Venture360's employees.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section - 1798.83 permits users of the Venture360 Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Venture360 1828 Walnut Kansas City Missouri 64108.
You will have the right to terminate your account at any time.
Venture360 LLC owns and operates the Venture360.co web site and the Venture360 Platform. Our mailing address is 1828 Walnut Kansas City Missouri 64108.